Migashco was established in 1995 as an association of industry educators. The company enjoys a working relationship with clients across Canada.
Gail Kelly is a life-long learner who specializes in adult education. She has previous experience as an instructor for the Teachers of Adults Programs and the Ontario Management and Development Programs at Cambrian College. While holding the position of Education Assistant at the Glenn Crombie Centre for Disability Services, she earned the designation of Learning Disability Specialist in both Learning Strategies and Assistive Technologies. At Migashco she assesses and administers our highly-regarded Migashco Development Centre (MDC).
Education as a Life Skills Coach proved valuable at the Industrial Trades Centre for Women where Gail recruited, supervised upgrading and taught Personal Growth. On the other hand, Gail’s education in Management Accounting and experience in that business field keeps Migashco running smoothly.
Gail also volunteers on a variety of boards, her most recent being as the bookkeeper and activity organizer for the Rockview Older Adult Club.
Migashco is guided by Anishinabek values and inspired by the following gift-giving virtues.
- • Anishinabek offerings to the great spirit are expressed through love of oneself. This love builds on being values, creating whole persons and making it possible to love others. Migashco, by extension, enables and encourages persons to develop these being values through effective communication and an ability to be assertive.
- • Respect is earned and given in balanced relationships. We seek this balance in our adult education environments by underscoring courtesy, sharing, and confidentiality.
- • Humility
- • We learn from our students. It’s what helps us become quality educators. We do this to build learning communities, by passing on the benefits of the knowledge acquired from our learning sessions.
- • It takes mental and moral strength to overcome the fears that prevent us from living our true spirit as human beings. We believe a quality education gives us the strength to meet life’s tests with integrity.
- • To be honest is to appropriately and respectfully meet the truth. We promise to do this by presenting each topic with the most up-to-date, accurate and relevant information required by our clients.
- • We seek knowledge to develop our wisdom, then share our information, gifts, and skills with others. We also contribute to the development of a peaceful and healthy community through coaching and leadership.
- • Knowing and understanding these seven natural laws helps us understand the truth and forms the basis of a quality relationship between us, our clients and the universe.